Hiding ends the Magic Thread Method and Weaving

I have not been very successful with this method of hiding ends.  Somehow I just cannot get the ends through the stitches no matter how hard I tugged and pull.  After reading a few tips from various blogs and forums, I decided to give it another try.

I won't know if it is going to work until I finish this snowflake.

Here is the result of another another experiment.

I made the one in white first.  Then I made the yellow-green version to see if the weaving effect shows up.  Yes, it does.  But looking at them side by side, I think I like the first one better.  In the second version, I think I made the first round of chains too small and it is pulling on the green clover spokes.

Comments

  1. Your white snowflake is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the snowflakes the effect of both. Going to check back and see Magic thread method worked for you. I still haven't got it to work for me either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem Jon as I tat REALLY tight - but I have finally been able to hide a thread in a chain - no luck with the rings yet :(
    Just keep trying and cross your fingers LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. so good to see you are back to designing beautiful things! I love your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad I am not the only one who suffers with the magic thread method. I too tat very tightly and so I will check back to see how you get on.
    I really like the weaving on the snowflakes, beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky me, this motif ends and start with chains. As Trayna wrote, the magic thread worked easier on chains. Can foresee problems with rings ... I'll upload a pic of the finished motif in another post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aloha Jon,
    Thanks a lot for the sweet comment you left in my blog, I truly appreciated.
    WOW! You are so talented and so creative I love your stunning projects. I wish I could do the tatting too, yes it would be nice to use for embellishments. Now I'm following you so I can come and check more often. And thanks for adding me in your blog list, I'll added you in my blog list too.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Rleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad I'm not alone with the 'fiddly' magic thread technique. But I know YOU will get it; Since there are other ways of hiding threads, I've been a bit lazy at persisting. But I don't enter contests and I'm happy with my hidden ends.
    Happy to see you back. I like the white snowflake best too for showing off the design. Which is odd, because I'm really into color! hugs, Bev

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it